domo arigato…

Hi everyone.

I’m pretty crap at blogs. So I don’t know if I’m doing the right thing or speaking in the right way ect. Anyway, I had some ideas, so I’m gonna give it a go 🙂

Two things.

First of all, in the Dickson reading last week there was a quote that interested me a lot. It said, “robot and cyborg representations belie deep-seated fears and fascinations in relation to two distinct themes: the humanization of themes and the dehumanization.. of humans.” (Dickson, p.13) I’ve always liked this concept, that ‘we should beware of the robots!’ I think it says a lot about mankind’s ambitions and dangers of what spectacle and intrest can lead to. Its just a thought but i would like to do something around this idea. and if you think building a robot is too outlandish for this module. I was speaking to Lisa about it and she encouraged me to contact the robotics department of the university, to see if we could somehow work with them. So what do you guys think, Do you wanna build a robot?

Also I finished and loved all four parts of Everything is remixed and it remind me of something I saw a little while ago (above).

This is a TED talk in which Mark Ronson talks about music sampling. It could be a good way to start thinking about how or if we want to incorporate music in some way. as well as this I think a lot of the ideas he talks about can relate to other mediums.

Sam